Personality & Character
Wataru Shijima is a Makai Knight serving the Senate and in charge of training the young Makai Knights-to-be, Wataru gains infamy for his draconian methods. He considers the bloodline of a student's Makai Knight family to be of no importance, unless the person-in-question has the strength to protect others, and that one should try his or her best even though chances might be slim. Wataru happened to have Kouga under his tutelage while a boy, playing a vital role in helping to foster the youth into who he is now. Sent on a mission to find the red-masked man, Wataru is ambushed by the villain as he marks him with the Seal of Destruction, causing his inner darkness to awaken. Being almost completely taken over by his dark side, Wataru is forced to attack his fellow Makai Knights as he attempts to keep himself at bay. He tried to kill himself to avoid being taken over completely by the darkness within him, only to be stopped by his evil side. Eventually, Kouga and Tsubasa manage to purge the evil influence from his armor and returning him to normal. While telling Kouga of the possible tension between the knights and the priests that can be caused by the Sigma Fudō's actions, Wataru recognizes him as his former pupil.
As seen during Makai Retsuden Wataru has a dark, borderline sadistic sense of humor as he enjoys toying with the the Horrors he's hunting.
Skills & Abilities
- Makai Knight Training: As with other knights, Wataru has undergone rigorous training which allowed him to become a formidable Makai Knight. His combat style involves charging and twirl through targets like a massive wind blade to cut down a mass of targets. Though physically demanding, this combat style suits Wataru well.
- Raimeiken (雷鳴剣, Thunder Sword): Makai Blade comes in the form of the standard sword with a black scabbard. When transformed, his blade takes on the form of a scimitar.
- Baron Armor: Baron Armor is an azure Makai Armor which design resembles that of Bado. Wataru summons the armor by drawing a circle around him with Raimeiken— the said circle then ascends onto the top of his head before stops and opens a portal where the armor immediately equips on him, completing his transformation.
- Uruba: Wataru's Madōgu, Uruba comes in the form of a pocket mirror, with its ornate design appearing in its reflection. Uruba's personality is that of a young boy.
Notes & Trivia
- Wataru Shijima is portrayed by Kenji Matsuda, known for his roles in Kamen Rider Hibiki and Kamen Rider Kiva.